Sunday, April 12, 2009

Annabelle's Stitches


Annabelle can never get enough dancing. I was upstairs with Chase,she and Dax were downstairs dancing to music when I heard this loud crash and then Annabelle crying. I thought that if it was bad they would come and get me. Annabelle came upstairs and said she hit her head and it hurt. I held her for awhile. Then took her downstairs to get Dax ready for gymnastics. When I carried her into the kitchen Dax said look mom Annabelle is bleeding. I turned her around and there was so much blood. It was all over her hair. I started freaking out and calling all of Judd's numbers but he was not answering. When my friend came to pick up Dax she tried to help me find the cut but there was to much blood. She said not to worry because heads bleed a lot. But she told me which doctors were home at the moment. Then Judd finally called and told me it would be okay and to wait till he got home. So for 1 1/2 hours Annabelle laid on my lap with an ice pack on her head while chase cried because he had a fever and was teething. It was not a good day. Judd got home and stitched her up in the kitchen while Dax cried because he was worried that Annabelle would cry. He did 4 stitches. While it happened Annabelle was so good she held still the whole time and didn't even cry. The next day when I asked her if her head hurt she said" No Mom, Daddy fixed it."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelley Flint said...

Such a brave little girl.

Kelley Flint said...

Great closure. The doc at the ED likely would have butchered her. Did you use a 30 gauge to numb her up?