Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas



This was the first Christmas that we have ever spent without our extended family. I was having a hard time with it, I just didn't think it felt much like Christmas. Judd and I had to step up this year and take care of everything that our parents use to do. I made sure to make some of our favorite foods, but we also tried some new things, Judd grilled up some of his pheasants on Christmas eve. We watch the Christmas Story and read the scriptures as a family. It was really nice, our family was able to slow down and share the true meaning of Christmas with our kids. On Christmas day we stayed in our PJs all day except Dax who had to put on his Nike right after he opened them. We took our time opening presents and let the kids play with them all morning. There was no fighting and the kids stayed in the family room all day. I made ham and all the fixing for Christmas dinner. We missed all of the family. It turned out to be a great Christmas with the kids, and I will always remember it.

No comments: