Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Judd's Home at last






We made it. It was a long 8 months. A lot of things have changed. Judd has a nice mustache. Dax has lost a couple teeth. I have lost 10 inches of hair. Chase is now bigger than Annabelle, and Annabelle well is still as cute and small as ever.

It was a crazy day. Judd was supposed to be home Thursday, but in Manas, Kasistan he had to give up is flight to some other soldiers that had been stranded for two days. We had no idea when he would get in. I received an email on Friday that he had made it to Germany. He called me at 1:00 am on Saturday to tell me that he was in the country. At 5:00 am he called and told me that he got a flight home and would be in around 9:51 am. I couldn't sleep all night. When the kids got up we got everyone ready to go they were all so excited to see daddy. I was more nerves then anyone. Dax had to calm me down and help get Chases shoes and socks on. When it was time to leave I couldn't find the camera anywhere. I searched the whole house. Then decided it was more important to see Judd then to have pictures so we hurried on our way. On the way to the airport there were freeway closers so we had to take the long way. With each minute that past I knew that we would not make it in time. We finally got to the airport at 9:50. I thought that we might just beat Judd to the exit if we ran so I grabbed the kids and started to run. We made it to the doors of the airport and Judd was standing right inside. I put Chase down on the ground and all of the kids ran to Daddy's arms as I broke down into tears. All of the worry and fears finally disappeared. I could breath again.

The kids loved Judd's Mustache. Annabelle said it was so soft. Dax and Annabelle took turns talking telling dad all about their lives. And Chase just held Dad's hand, he didn't want to let go. One time he even walked up to one of the other soldiers in uniform and tried to hold their hand and realized it wasn't daddy. He got really worried until he found daddy again.

Annabelle tried to carry Dad's big bag back to the car with a little help from dad. The ride home was a buzz of laughing singing and talking. It was heaven. It will always be one of the best days in my life. I just hope I never have to do it again.

2 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Yea! So happy that he is home safe and sound. I am sure the kiddos are loving having their daddy home.

Kelley Flint said...

You're description made me cry. So glad it was such a happy homecoming. I love the pictures. It's perfect having the candid shots.